- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians – instrumentalists and singers
- Wide range of solo and ensemble performance opportunities
- Tuition available in supporting areas such as Alexander Technique, doubling instrument, end-of-line instrument and period instruments
- Advanced training in chamber music
- Professional coaching and accompaniment provision
- Language, movement and drama classes (singers)
- Specialist, advanced performance classes (instrumentalists)
- Training in career development, self-promotion and sustainable technique
- International masterclass series
- Fully integrated performance programme by international artists
- Opportunities to work on historical instruments, supported by Informed Performance classes and seminars
- Wide range of performance opportunities in world-class facilities
- Training in performance analysis and presentation
- Study of psychology of collaborative performance for conductors and orchestral performance
- Advanced research training
- Optional work-based learning module
- Optional training in advanced teaching skills, outreach, sound recording and arts management
- Opportunity to create and curate own performance projects
- Focus on employability and transferable skills
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress from year one to year two on a two-year postgraduate course, students normally have to pass all first year modules.
Module Credits Music Performance 1 40 Music Performance 2 40 The Professional Musician 20 Advanced Performance Analysis 20 Research Project or Reflecting on Performance 40
Optional Modules (Choose One)
Module Credits Advanced Teaching Skills 20 Advanced Outreach Skills 20 Advanced Sound Recording 20 Career Management 20 Creative Project 20 Individual Project 20 Orchestral Audition 20 Presenting at Conference 20 Portfolio of Compositions 20 Portfolio of Arrangements 20 Vocational Project 20
Entry is by audition and candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training. Minimum entry requirements usually include a 2:1 degree in music or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to demonstrate that their English language ability meets the College’s minimum requirements. Please refer to our English Language Requirements page for details of accepted English language tests and required scores.
Tuition Fees for 2022-2023
|Course Duration||Students from the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man||Overseas Students|
|13 months intensive (instrumental)||£11,453 *||£22,505 *|
|13 months intensive (voice)||£12,096 *||£23,811 *|
|2 years full time (instrumental)||£11,163 **||£21,962 **|
|2 years full time (voice)||£11,772 **||£23,298 **|
* This is the full amount.
** This amount is for the first year only. The tuition fee payable in the second year is subject to an annual increase.