Have you ever wanted to study in a different country, make new friends from all over the world and broaden your skills whilst enhancing your résumé?
If you are studying for a full degree programme in a country outside the EU, our Study Abroad programmes offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself within the relevant department here at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama and follow an intensive pathway for 1 or 2 terms (13 or 26 weeks), or sometimes for a full year.
Why Study with Us?
- is Europe’s first Steinway-Exclusive Conservatory
- is ranked Number 1 Drama School in the UK 4 times in the last 7 years *
- is honoured to have His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales as President
- boasts small class sizes and one-to-one teaching
- has its own arts centre on campus which presents over 500 performances each year
- has industry partners with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, Welsh National Opera, Royal Shakespeare Company, National Theatre, Royal Court Theatre and many more
- is a multi-cultural institution, with students from around 50 different countries
- has internationally-renowned teachers, the majority of whom also work in industry
- regularly hosts international visiting artists
- campus hosts major events such as BBC Cardiff Singer of the World, World Stage Design, World Harp Congress and BBC Young Musician of the Year
- campus is located in the very centre of Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, and is under 2 hours by train to central London
- Cardiff is the ‘Most Cost-effective City’ in the UK for Students, according to the Natwest Student Living Index 2019
* (Guardian University League Tables 2019,2018,2015,2013)
“A powerhouse of innovation and collaboration across the performing arts.”
The Telegraph, (UK leading national newspaper)