Have you ever wanted to study in a different country, make new friends from all over the world and broaden your skills whilst enhancing your résumé?
If you are studying for a full degree programme in a country outside the EU, our Study Abroad programmes offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself within the relevant department here at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama and follow an intensive pathway for 1 or 2 terms (13 or 26 weeks), or sometimes for a full year.
Why Study with Us?
- is the world’s first Steinway-Exclusive Conservatory
- boasts small class sizes and one-to-one teaching
- has its own arts centre on campus which presents over 500 performances each year
- has industry partners with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, Welsh National Opera, Royal Shakespeare Company, National Theatre, Royal Court Theatre and many more
- is a multi-cultural institution, with students from around 40 different countries
- has internationally-renowned teachers, the majority of whom also work in industry
- regularly hosts international visiting artists
- campus hosts major events such as BBC Cardiff Singer of the World, World Stage Design, World Harp Congress and BBC Young Musician of the Year
- campus is located in the very centre of Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, and is under 2 hours by train to central London
- Cardiff is the ‘Most Cost-effective City’ in the UK for Students, according to the Natwest Student Living Index 2019
“A powerhouse of innovation and collaboration across the performing arts.”
The Telegraph, (UK leading national newspaper)