International Students

International Students

The community of the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama includes teachers and students from more than 30 countries, and there is a constant flow of visiting artists and teachers from all over the world, ensuring that diversity and cultural exchange is hard-wired into the experience of all students at the College.


Studying Here

The College welcomes applications from students outside the UK for entry to all of its programmes of study. You can find details of all programmes and study options here. We also offer a range of Study Abroad (JYA) programmes to students outside the EU who are already studying for a degree.


How to Apply

The application process is the same for applicants from the UK and overseas. You will find information on how to apply by visiting the course page for your chosen programme of study.

Entry to the programmes is by audition or interview. You will find details of the standard entry requirements for each programme of study on our course pages. Applicants who are non-native speakers of English are also required to achieve specified minimum scores in an IELTS test in order to begin their studies at the College (see English Language Requirements).



The College regularly holds auditions at cities in Asia and North America. You can find locations and dates for forthcoming auditions here.

If you are unable to travel to the UK or to one of our international audition venues, you can send in a recording or set up a Skype interview.

If you are applying to one of our music programmes, please read our guidance notes on preparing a recorded music audition.

If you are applying for an acting or musical theatre programme, we are usually able to make an initial assessment on the basis of a recorded audition. However, if you are shortlisted, you may be asked to attend a final audition in person. Please make sure you understand the requirements for a recorded audition, by following our guidance notes on preparing for a recorded acting or musical theatre audition.


Visas and Immigration

Most students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to study in the UK will require a visa. To confirm whether you require a visa and see further information about the process of applying, visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.