- For students wishing to specialise in stage management for the theatre, live events and film & television production.
- A 24-month programme of taught modules followed by internal and external placement opportunities to suit the individual's career progression. Where approved, external placements may be paid or unpaid.
- Tuition and supervision from a team of established industry practitioners.
- Masterclasses and seminars from leading industry experts.
- Training in the full range of skills required to be a professional stage manager or event manager or film and television professional.
- Core skills module covering job roles, budgets, health and safety, essential technical skills, scheduling and CAD.
- Management in Context module covering planning, problem-solving, management theory, logistics, team working and career planning.
- Up to four six-week placements on productions/events, up to two of these with professional companies.
- The final component involves either writing a dissertation or creating a Professional Practice Portfolio, with support and mentoring from College tutors.
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress through the course, students normally have to pass all modules and achieve 180 credits.
Module Credits Practical Skills 20 Management in Context 20 Placement 1 40 Placement 2 40 Professional Practice Portfolio 60 Dissertation 60
The programme is suitable for graduates of any discipline who want to work within stage and event management in the technical theatre industry and/or the live events industry. The College also considers applications from people who seek formal training after working in the theatre or related entertainment and event industries. All applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate significant practical experience and a good understanding of the stage management profession.
Final selection is made on the basis of an interview.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to demonstrate that their English language ability meets the College’s minimum requirements. Please refer to our English Language Requirements page for details of accepted English language tests and required scores.
Tuition Fees for 2023-2024
|Course Duration||Students from the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man||Overseas Students|
|24 months full time||£15,000 *||£30,000 *|
* This is the full amount.