- One-to-one singing lessons and repertoire coaching
- Regular acting skills classes with tutors from RWCMD’s well established acting programmes working with improvisation, character, relationships and text
- Vocal skills classes focussing on physical techniques for performance as well as vocal physiology, dialect and accents
- Classes in dance skills including jazz and tap, and the effective use of movement in theatrical communication
- Practical sessions on audition technique in preparation for professional stage and television auditions
- Showcase presentations in Cardiff and London to an invited audience of agents, casting directors and potential employers
- Roles in public performances including at least one cabaret and one fully staged production
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress through the course, students normally have to pass all modules and achieve 180 credits.
Module Credits Acting Skills 40 Vocal Skills 20 Singing Skills 40 Movement and Dance Skills 20 Public Performance 60
Normal entry requirements include an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
The College is able to consider applications from people without formal qualifications who have an exceptional level of ability, practical experience and a good understanding of the musical theatre profession. Working in a professional company or companies for at least three years would substantiate this.
Selection is made on the basis of an audition process, in which candidates will need to demonstrate strong practical skills in all three areas of musical theatre performance – acting, singing and dance – with an exceptional level of ability in at least two of these disciplines.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to demonstrate that their English language ability meets the College’s minimum requirements. Please refer to our English Language Requirements page for details of accepted English language tests and required scores.
Tuition Fees for Entry 2021
|Course Duration||UK and EU Students||Students from Outside the EU||Students from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man|
|10 months full time||£15,974 *||£23,117 *||£19,548 *|
* This is the full amount.