- Practical studio and rehearsal-based training in professional working conditions
- Small class sizes
- Established teaching team made up of experienced theatre professionals
- Regular opportunities to work with visiting actors and directors
- Core acting skills workshops exploring approaches to working with texts, building a character, improvisation and performing Shakespeare
- Vocal skills classes focusing on effective physical techniques for performance as well as vocal physiology, dialect and accents
- Specialist classes in singing technique, repertoire and musical theatre performance
- Movement skills classes including Alexander Technique and stage combat
- Training in the specialist techniques and requirements of acting for screen
- Roles in public performances selected from a wide and challenging repertoire
- Practical workshops to prepare students for professional auditions for theatre and TV
- Mentoring and support in the initiation, production and performance of an original piece of work
- London Performance Week
- Showcase presentations to an invited audience of agents, casting directors and potential employers in Cardiff, London and New York (for American students)
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress through the course, students normally have to pass all modules and achieve 180 credits.
Module Credits Acting Skills 1 20 Acting Skills 2 20 Vocal Skills 20 Movement Skills 20 Public Performance 40
Module Credits Independent Public Performance 60
Normal entry requirements include an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification, although candidates with an exceptional level of ability and a good understanding of the acting profession may be accepted without formal qualifications.
Selection is made on the basis of an audition process.
International applicants whose first language is not English are required to demonstrate a level of fluency appropriate to professional actor training. This will be assessed at audition.
Tuition Fees for 2023-2024
|Course Duration||Students from the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man||Overseas Students|
|13 months full time||£12,820*||£25,240 **|
* This is the full amount.
Further information on the funding available towards the cost of tuition fees.