- Taught element starting in September and running for one year, full time
- Alternative flexible pathway for students already in relevant employment
- Specialist tuition from established team of professional design practitioners
- Input from visiting professionals from around the world
- Design positions in up to two College productions ranging from drama to musical theatre and opera
- Professional work placement opportunities
- Public exhibition of your work for one week in Cardiff and four days in London, including industry nights for an invited audience of potential employers
- Final component involving the completion of a reflective portfolio based on your professional engagement, with support and mentoring from College tutors
- Flexible part-time MA ‘Top-Up’ option available for people with a postgraduate diploma in theatre design or a recognised equivalent qualification
- Performance Design
- Set Design
- Costume Design
- Costume Construction
- Lighting Design
- Sound Design
- Scenic Arts and Construction for Stage and Screen
- Video Design
- VR Design
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress through the course, students normally have to pass all modules and achieve 180 credits.
Module Credits Design Practice 1 20 Design Practice 2 20 Realised Production Module 40 Industry Practice & Final Exhibition 40 Performance Practice Portfolio 60
Entry requirements usually include a degree or equivalent qualification in an art and design related subject. Selection is made on the basis of an interview and portfolio presentation. The College may consider applications from people without formal qualifications, if they have an exceptional level of practical ability and suitable portfolio content.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to demonstrate that their English language ability meets the College’s minimum requirements. Please refer to our English Language Requirements page for details of accepted English language tests and required scores.
Tuition Fees for Entry 2021
|Course Duration||UK and EU Students||Students from Outside the EU||Students from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man|
|18 months full time||£10,241 *||£21,849 *||£16,043 *|
* This is the full amount. The fee also includes the Performance Practice Portfolio module.