Promise aims to raise £5 million over the next two years to support critical investment plans which will enable the College to develop its impact and fulfil its overall vision “to inspire and change lives and to connect and transform communities through the arts”.
The campaign name highlights the promise that is inherent in young people as well as our own commitment to nurture artistic talent, encourage diversity and provide training opportunities to those who are exceptionally gifted, whatever their economic or social background.
Our students are the new generations of performers, practitioners, creators and managers who will bring about the promise of the arts to society and the promise of Wales to the world. Add in your pledges of support for the College and together we will fire their imaginations, develop their skills, provide them with their stages and set them on their pathways.
We welcome gifts of all sizes and every gift, grant or sponsorship will directly fund College goals that include to:
- double the number of scholarships we raise and establish a completely new Bursary Fund while also increasing social mobility into the arts through a new “pathways” initiative.
- extend how many people can engage with us through our digital performance programme, wider student-led touring in Wales as well as developed artistic collaborations and new partnerships across Wales and internationally
- provide more opportunities for young people across Wales to experience the arts by re-focusing our specialist training for young people under 18, supporting the new expressive arts curriculum in the nation’s schools and training our students to be teachers and mentors
- invest significantly into Opera and Musical Theatre as the two art forms that bring Music and Drama most closely together
- commission more new work across both music and drama and invest in student led projects that encourage creative and social entrepreneurship
- explore the potential for an established residency in Cardiff’s city centre, animating unused space, accommodating new courses and offering public performance and participation, particularly for school age children
Your Promise can be made easily – here are some of the ways you can contribute and make a difference:
Donate to Promise Now
Something went wrong. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.