We still have a small number of vacancies on our BA (Hons) Design for Performance
If you wish to apply for a vacancy through Clearing, please ensure you are able to meet the below criteria before completing the Clearing application form as outlined below.
You can learn more about the course here BA (Hons) Design for Performance.
Are you eligible to apply?
You can apply through Clearing if:
you’re making a new UCAS application for the first time this year;
you made an application through UCAS and didn’t receive any offers;
you made an application through UCAS and declined all offers you received;
you have received your results and you didn’t meet the conditions of your offer/s and you have been released into Clearing;
you were accepted at your first-choice institution, but you’ve chosen to decline your place and be released into Clearing.
Can you meet the entry requirements for BA (Hons) Design for Performance?
Applicants should have:
Level 3 (or above) qualifications in an Art & Design related subject
Be able to provide a portfolio* of work to support their application. You would need to be able to upload your portfolio electronically immediately.
* The portfolio can contain any aspects of the applicant’s work that they wish the panel to see whilst considering their application. This can be anything from paintings, drawings, sketches, sculpture, costumes, models, model boxes, photos etc. The panel expect to see evidence of theatre related designs & drawings in the portfolio. We recommend applicants do not edit their portfolio. We are interested in seeing all of their work including pieces they consider good and those they feel are not so good.
If you are able to meet the above criteria and wish to make an application, please complete and submit our BA (Hons) Design for Performance portfolio application form via Acceptd.
We use Acceptd as our portal for uploading portfolios and documents.
If you already have an account, you can login here: https://app.getacceptd.com/login# or start by creating a free account.
There is useful guidance on the Acceptd support page: https://support.getacceptd.com/hc/en-us
You will find the course on Acceptd as follows:
Application Type: Undergraduate
Course: Design for Performance
Programme: BA (Hons) Design for Performance
- Click on Apply to start the form.
- Please ensure you enter your UCAS ID / Clearing number in the UCAS ID question on the form.
- The Supplemental Material Section will ask how you would like to submit your portfolio. Please attach the relevant file and upload directly.
- The portfolio can contain any aspects of your work that you wish the panel to see whilst considering your application. This can be anything from paintings, drawings, sketches, sculpture, costumes, models, model boxes, photos etc.
- Please verify all your uploaded files and preview your application information thoroughly before pressing ‘Submit’. You cannot make changes to the application once you have submitted it.
- A message will be displayed confirming that you have successfully submitted your application. We will not be able to acknowledge receipt of individual submissions by e-mail.
Please note that we will not be able to consider any application until we've received a portfolio.
What will happen once you have submitted your application?
Once you have submitted your Acceptd application form, your portfolio will be passed to relevant academic staff for consideration. We will contact you with their decision as soon as possible.
We may use the Acceptd message service to contact you, so please remember to add getacceptd.com as a safe sender in your email settings.
Academic staff will review your portfolio and based on this submission will advise you:
- Whether we wish to invite you to attend a meeting with the Head of the course. These meetings usually take place via Zoom.
- Whether we are unable to consider your application any further.