- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Advanced tuition in music preparation, including composition and arrangement
- Specialist listening and analysis classes, including transcription and critical writing
- Professional ensemble coaching
- Wide range of performance opportunities at RWCMD
- Professional touring and festival performance opportunities
- Integral player in local, regional and national jazz scene
- Strong links with regional music industry, including education
- Training in career development, self-promotion, event management and sustainable technique
- International masterclass series
- Fully integrated performance programme by international artists
- Optional work-based learning module
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress from year one to year two, students normally have to pass all first year modules.
Module Credits Jazz Performance 1 40 Jazz Performance 2 40 The Professional Jazz Musician 20 Techniques in Jazz Harmony and Arrangement 20
Entry is by audition and candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training. Minimum entry requirements usually include an undergraduate degree in music or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to demonstrate that their English language ability meets the College’s minimum requirements. Please refer to our English Language Requirements page for details of accepted English language tests and required scores.
Tuition Fees for 2021-2022
|Course Duration||Students from the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man||Overseas Students|
|2 years full time||£10,090 *||£20,155 *|
* This amount is for the first year only. The tuition fee payable in the second year is subject to an annual increase.