- Expert one-to-one tuition from eminent repetiteurs and coaches
- Opportunities to observe professional repetiteurs in rehearsal at WNO
- Placement within a major UK opera house
- Detailed study and preparation of substantial core repertoire
- Opportunities to play for a number of College opera and opera scenes productions each year
- Training in, and opportunities to accompany, vocal performances and rehearsals, such as those involving the RWCMD College Chorus and Chamber Choir
- Opportunities to play at language classes, vocal coaching sessions and masterclasses
- Training in the development of coaching, choral preparation and conducting skills
- Experience of a professionally equivalent audition and working session
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress through the course, students normally have to pass all modules and achieve 140 credits.
Module Credits The Opera Professional 1 20 Repetiteur Skills 1 20 Opera Performance (Repetiteur) 1 40
Module Credits Repetiteur Skills 2 20 Professional Placement (Repetiteur) 20 The Opera Professional 2 20
Entry is by audition and candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training. Minimum entry requirements usually include a 2:1 degree in music or an equivalent qualification, although the College is able to consider applications from people without formal qualifications if they have an exceptional level of ability, practical experience, and a good understanding of the opera profession.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to gain an IELTS English language qualification. IELTS is the only English language qualification recognised by UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI). The IELTS test you will need to sit is the IELTS for UKVI (Academic) and this test must be taken at an Approved Test Centre.
You will need to achieve an overall test score of 6.0 with no lower than 5.5 in any of the four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
Tuition Fees for Entry 2020
|Course Duration||UK and EU Students||Students from Outside the EU|
|2 years full time||£10,522 *||£20,701 *|
* This amount is for the first year only. The tuition fee payable in the second year is subject to an annual increase.