We have an extensive collection of resources to support the music courses at RWCMD. This includes:
- A wide range of books cover all aspects of music, performance and technique. All syllabus items have a copy on short loan.
- Scores for both study and performance with collections of miniature scores, vocal scores and score and parts.
- Choral sets and sets of study scores in addition to orchestral, wind and brass band sets.
Search the Library catalogue
- Oxford Music Online: Full text access to the Grove dictionaries of Music and Musicians, Opera and Jazz; Oxford Companion to Music; Oxford Dictionary of Music.
- Naxos: Music Library (an extensive listening library of classical music tracks), Music Library Jazz (comprehensive collection of over 100,000 jazz tracks), Video Library (performing arts video library including operas, ballets, documentaries, live concerts).
- RILM Music: Comprehensive international music database including abstracts and full text from a number of journals, plus other useful resources.
- IPA Source: Transcriptions and literal translations of opera arias and art song texts in several languages.
- National Welsh Instrumental Music Resource: A searchable database of Welsh keyboard music from the 18th to 21st centuries, bringing together information held in several archives and libraries, plus links to information about Welsh composers, recordings and other useful sources. This resource has been created by Zoë Smith, pianist and Head of Postgraduate Programmes (Music) at RWCMD.
Did you know?
You can use FINDit to access e-resources from the University of South Wales. This includes databases about health, psychology and education.
Online journals and e-books
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences: Access to online articles from various music journals.
- VLeBooks: Browse the collection of e-books purchased by RWCMD Library. Select ‘All eBooks’ to view the list of all available titles or search by keyword. Links to individual e-books can also be found by searching the Library catalogue.
- Sage journals: A wide range of journals including titles relating to music psychology, music education, music research, music and medicine.
- Medical Problems of Performing Artists: Peer-reviewed research papers covering health issues related to actors, dancers, singers, musicians and other performers. Please ask us for the password.
Can’t find what you need?
Use our Interlibrary loan service to borrow from another library (there is a small charge for this service).
Make a request for us to consider purchasing the material that you need.
Further help and advice
If you would like help finding information for your studies, then you can contact Sally Brockway, the Assistant Head of Library Services (Music). Sally works the end of the week, but other people in the team will be able to help or pass on your query:
Phone: 029 2039 1331