We have an extensive collection of resources to support the drama courses at RWCMD, including playscripts, monologues, books on acting theory and techniques, DVDs and more.
Search the Library catalogue
- Drama Online: A collection of drama texts featuring theatre lists by Methuen Drama, the Arden Shakespeare, Faber and Faber and Nick Hern.
- Digital Theatre Plus: A collection of films of leading British theatre productions, behind-the-scenes documentaries, and teaching and learning resources.
- FINDit: You can use FINDit to access e-resources from the University of South Wales.
Did you know?
We hold the play text collection of the Drama Association of Wales. Many of these are listed on our catalogue and are available for students and staff of the College to borrow.
Learning an accent or dialect? The Library has a collection of CDs and cassettes that can help! Search the catalogue or ask us for more information.
Online journals and e-books
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences
- VLeBooks: Browse the collection of e-books purchased by RWCMD Library. Select ‘All eBooks’ to view the list of all available titles or search by keyword. Links to individual e-books can also be found by searching the Library catalogue.
- Medical Problems of Performing Artists: Peer-reviewed research papers covering health issues related to actors, dancers, singers, musicians and other performers. Please ask us for the password.
Can’t find what you need?
Use our Interlibrary loan service to borrow from another library (there is a small charge for this service).
Make a request for us to consider purchasing the material that you need.
Further help and advice
If you would like help finding information for your studies, then you can contact Helen Bader, the Assistant Head of Library Services (Drama). Helen works the start of the week, but other people in the team will be able to help or pass on your query:
Phone: 029 2039 1331