The Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Professional Practice course is an individually-tailored, specialist programme for students who seek a final, additional period of specialist training before entering their chosen area of the profession.
- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Mentored individually-tailored programme of study
- Focus on strategy for developing a sustainable professional career
- International masterclass series
- Fully integrated performance programme by international artists
- Wide range of performance opportunities in world-class facilities
- Access to a significant range of work-based training opportunities
- Focus on employability and transferable skills
Please note that, while the information below reflects the programme offered to date, it may be subject to amendment and change in future years. Students are always consulted on such change and details are made available to applicants holding offers.
In order to progress through the course, students normally have to pass all modules and achieve 120 credits.
Module Credits Advanced Practice 1 40 Advanced Practice 2 60 Professional Portfolio 20
Entry is by audition for instrumentalists, vocalists and conductors, and by interview for composers. Minimum entry requirements usually include a master’s degree in music performance, opera, composition or conducting from a conservatoire.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to demonstrate that their English language ability meets the College’s minimum requirements. Please refer to our English Language Requirements page for details of accepted English language tests and required scores.
Tuition Fees for 2023-2024
|Course Duration||Students from the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man||Overseas Students|
|10 months intensive||£12,140*||£23,860 *|
* This is the full amount.
Further information on the funding available towards the cost of tuition fees.