International Students

International Students

The community of the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama includes teachers and students from more than 50 countries, and there is a constant flow of visiting artists and teachers from all over the world, ensuring that diversity and cultural exchange is hard-wired into the experience of all students at the College. Find out more from RWCMD’s Guide for International Students 2022...


Studying Here

The College welcomes applications from students outside the UK for entry to all of its programmes of study. You can find details of all programmes and study options here. We also offer a range of Study Abroad (JYA) programmes to students outside the EU who are already studying for a degree.


Open Days

The College holds a series of open days throughout the Autumn (Fall). These provide you with the opportunity to:

  • Meet key members of staff
  • Discuss academic and practical aspects of programmes
  • Chat with current students
  • Learn about life as a conservatoire student
  • Find out about accommodation, funding and student services

To register for the next open day, or to catch up with videos for any that you’ve missed, please visit our Open Days page.


How to Apply

The application process is the same for applicants from the UK and overseas.

Applications for the majority of RWCMD's courses are via UCAS Conservatoires and you may find the video below useful when making your application.

Before starting your application, visit your chosen course page and select How to Apply to find the Institution Code and Course Code required for your application.



Applications for BA (Hons) Design for Performance, BA (Hons) Stage Management & Technical Theatre and the Foundation in Scenic Construction use a different application system. Visit your chosen course page and select How to Apply for further details.

Entry to the programmes is by audition or interview. You will find details of the standard entry requirements for each programme of study on our course pages. Applicants who are non-native speakers of English are also required to achieve specified minimum scores in an IELTS test in order to begin their studies at the College (see English Language Requirements).



The College regularly holds auditions at cities in Asia and North America. You can find locations and dates for forthcoming auditions here.


Visas and Immigration

Most students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to study in the UK will require a visa. To confirm whether you require a visa and see further information about the process of applying, visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.