This accessibility statement applies to the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama website at www.rwcmd.ac.uk.
This website is managed by the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
- Adjust line height and text spacing using browser plugins.
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- Skip to the content of each page.
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
We are also working to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of our website aren’t fully accessible, and we are doing our best to fix these issues:
- Some images are missing alternative text.
- Downloadable documents, including those in PDF format, aren’t fully accessible.
- Most videos don’t have captions.
- Some pages don’t have the correct heading structure.
- Some of our pages contain content from an online ticketing system provided by an external supplier. We are aware of accessibility issues with this system.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed here or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us, please provide:
- The web address of the page where you found the problem.
- A description of the problem (and whether this was mobile or desktop).
- The name and, if possible, version of the web browser being used.
- Details of any assistive technology being used (for example, a screen reader).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Certain aspects of this website are non-compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard, as shown below.
Issues with text
- Some pages have incorrect heading structures (WCAG 1.3.1).
- Descriptive text in some links may not be informative or adequately describe the link destination (WCAG 2.4.4).
Issues with images
- Some images which require a description don’t have any alternative (alt) text or have alt text that isn’t descriptive enough (WCAG 1.1.1).
Issues with tables
- Some tables don’t have headers (WCAG 1.3.1).
- Some wide tables can't be viewed on small screens (WCAG 1.4.10).
Issues with audio and video
- Some videos don’t have captions (WCAG 1.2.2).
- Background videos can’t be paused (WCAG 2.2.2).
Issues with PDFs and other documents
- Some PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards – they may not be marked up so that they’re accessible to a screen reader, and they may not be navigable by headings (WCAG 4.1.2).
Issues with keyboard navigation
- Image galleries can be difficult to navigate using a keyboard (WCAG 2.1.1).
Issues with embedded content
- Pages contain iframe elements that don’t include title attributes identifying the frame (WCAG 2.4.1).
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 20 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 20 September 2020.
This website was last tested in September 2020. The test was carried out by staff in the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama. We tested a sample of pages, featuring content representative of the website.