Had an item for a while?
From the end of May, if you have borrowed an item from the
Library for a year or more, it will no longer be renewable. All you
will need to do is bring it into the Library and then we can
If you have problems or questions, please come into the Library
or contact us as soon as possible:
New Library Catalogue
Our new Library Catalogue went live in summer 2016! Please
contact us with any questions or
feedback. During the year, fines will only be charged if you
prevent someone else from accessing what they need – see our pages
about using the Library for further details. Don’t forget:
place a hold request on what you need, or items could be out
all year. From now on, anything you borrowed will renew itself
throughout the year unless:
- another borrower requests it
- it is the end of the academic year
- your account is blocked
If you have any concerns or questions – get in touch!
Library refurbishment – let us know what you think
We hope that you are all enjoying the changes to the Library
following the building and improvement works in summer 2016.
- A larger and more open entrance area, including automatic door
– work to make the mechanism smoother is ongoing.
- A larger Issue Desk to make it easier to help you quickly,
particularly when we are issuing sets.
- A better staff office including an area for staff and students
to come and talk to us privately.
- Better zoning of the Library to include quieter and noisier
areas and easier access to power for devices. Use the area at the
far end of the Library for silent study.
- A new photocopying area with a table.
- Access to computer room 1.26 (when available) via the Library.
When we are closed, you can access from the main corridor as
- This space can be used to discuss work with others and have
conversations at a reasonable volume.
Please do let us know how you are finding these changes and if
you have any feedback or suggestions.
Need to return a book when we are closed?
Don’t forget that we provide a book returns bin in the Students’
Union space for staff and students to return items when we are not
open. Please return items carefully so that we can keep offering